Christmas only comes once a year, so be good because Santa is near…
Wrap up warm and get ready to discover Gainsborough and the surrounding area this Christmas. Delve into local history, enjoy a nearby family attraction or step out into the picturesque Lincolnshire countryside. Have a great day out this festive season and take home some amazing memories.
Soak up the festive atmosphere with great events throughout the holiday season, indulge in delicious food and drink or take time to discover the town’s fascinating past, including the magnificent Gainsborough Old Hall. This remarkable hidden gem in plain sight reflects over five hundred years of history in its walls, or stop by Gainsborough Heritage Centre and experience Gainsborough’s history through period displays, including a vintage post office and street scene. Or plan a visit to Gainsborough Model Railway to see one of the largest hand-built model railways depicting the East Coast Main Line from Kings Cross to Leeds Central.
Escape to a world of peace and tranquility and feel the crisp leaves underfoot and visit local woodlands and nature reserves. Enjoy a stroll down the riverside, or head further afield and explore the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds.
Surrounding Gainsborough you’ll find family friendly places to visit including Bransby Horses, Rand Farm Park and Woodside Wildlife Park with lots to see and a range of exciting activities to enjoy. Don’t forget to take a look at the town’s programme of events, including the Christmas Lights Festival and this year’s pantomime ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’!
- 8 Dec: Christmas Lights Festival – Photo Gallery
- 28 Nov: Marshall’s Yard Festive Fayre to spread Christmas Cheer in Gainsborough
- 24 Nov: Meet Santa at Gainsborough Farmers’ & Craft Market!
- 20 Nov: Santa Claus is coming to G-Town!
- 13 Nov: A Fabulously Festive Weekend this Weekend (17 & 18 Nov)
- 10 Nov: What’s On In Gainsborough this Christmas
- 3 Nov: Christmas Lights Festival returns to Gainsborough!
- 31 Oct: Christmas officially launches at Marshall’s Yard
Businesses who would like to get involved with the Christmas in Gainsborough campaign, please email [email protected].