Theme for your business for the Mayflower commemorations during 2020!
2020 is the 400th anniversary of the voyage of the Mayflower, as it set sail from England to America. Many of her passengers, known as the Pilgrims, came from around Gainsborough, with some thought to have worshiped in secret at the Old Hall.
Research shows that England will experience a growing number of visitors from around the world over the next few years, coming to explore the history of the Pilgrims’ and their roots.
You can help us welcome these visitors in a number of ways…
- Offering themed discounts and promotions – for example, tea and cake for £2.20 or 20% off a room booking. By using the number ‘2020’ you are supporting theme. You could also use ‘1620’ as this was the year the Mayflower set sail, or ‘400’ as it is the 400th anniversary.
- Introducing a new product or renaming an existing one – there are many ways you can theme your products to support the anniversary. For example, introducing a ‘Thanksgiving Dinner’ to your menu or renaming your rooms to the names of the leading Separatists – be as creative as you like! If you’re a cafe, novelty biscuits would go down a treat or maybe challenge yourself with some new coffee art!
- Competitions – why not give a prize for the to your 400th customer during September? This could be to your store or visitors to a website.
- Social Media support – social media is the new digital word of mouth. You can help support us by sharing our posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about the Mayflower story. This may encourage a visitor to book with you compared to someone else. It also shows that your business has an interest in what’s happening in the area.
- Website support – show your support and add the Pilgrim Roots logo to your website! You can also provide a link to our website www.discovergainsborough.com/pilgrimroots so that visitors can follow the link to find out more.
- Promotional literature – there are a number of printed materials that are circulated on a regular basis. These include our Mayflower 400 Programme and special one-off events. We’re always looking for places to take our material so please get in touch if you can offer some space.
These are just some ideas to get you started so get your thinking caps on and get creative!
If you would like to use the Pilgrim Roots logo plus a range of images, please email [email protected].
For more information about Pilgrim Roots and the Mayflower story, please visit our Pilgrim Roots page.