Due to the ongoing risk of coronavirus, there are a number of businesses in Gainsborough that have made the difficult decision to postpone/cancel events or close until further notice.
Update 23 March 2020: It was announced on Monday 23 March that all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship will close until further notice. Businesses that are able to offer a hot takeaway service are still open. We are trying to gather information on a regular basis to let you know which are still trading. Coronavirus: Local Businesses here to help for more information.
The list below is correct on 20 March 2020. If you are aware of any businesses that have closed or are working on a limited service please contact us via [email protected] and we will update our list.
- West Lindsey District Council have made the difficult decision to postpone their Mayflower event – Flight of the Separatists, taking place on Sunday 10 May. It is hoped it will rearranged in the autumn.
- Marshall’s Yard – have postponed their Fashion Show due to take place at the Forge on 19 March. They hope to hold the event in Autumn to showcase the autumn / winter collections.
- Gainsborough Heritage Centre – closed until further notice. They have also postponed the VE Day Dance which was scheduled to take place on 23 May 2020.
- Gainsborough Old Hall – closed until further notice
- Gainsborough Model Railway have cancelled their next open day taking place on 11, 12 & 13 April.
- Trinity Arts Centre – West Lindsey District Council has made the difficult decision to postpone all public performances and screenings with immediate effect at the Trinity Arts Centre. This will be in effect for the next four weeks until Friday 17 April (unless stated otherwise). Please see below a message from Craig Sanders, Theatre Manager: We appreciate the inconvenience and disruption that this may cause, however, we believe our priority is to protect our patrons during this time.We will continue to monitor the situation and continue to follow government advice.All updates will be made on our website or on social media or via our newsletter.Refunds for shows can be applied for using our online form which is on the TAC website (please do not telephone or visit our box office in person.) Alternatively please wait for a member of our team to contact you regarding your refund.It is important we continue to look after each other – thank you for your support during this time and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.
We’re also monitoring services across the West Lindsey District. Visit West Lindsey Business Coronavirus Updates for more information.
Gainsborough Life are also compiling a list of events that have been affected. Please visit the Gainsborough Life website for more information.
Businesses are also altering their services where they can to help people who are self-isolating or are just socially distancing. Visit Coronavirus: Local Businesses here to help for more information.