Gainsborough is located on the eastern bank of the River Trent, on the border with Nottinghamshire and the Sheffield City Region.
The historic City of Lincoln is about 30 minutes drive to the south east and the Humber ports under 60 minutes drive to the north east. Access to the motorway network is just 30 minutes away via Scunthorpe (M180) to the north, or Blyth (A1M) 30 minutes to the west.
Why not find some inspiration in our latest video…
There are a number of car parks located within the town; all of which are within short walking distance to the Market Place and town centre. It is also free to park for 1 hour in any West Lindsey District Council car park in Gainsborough – More information on parking.
Gainsborough Bus Station is located on Heaton Road which has regular services locally as well as to Lincoln, Doncaster and Scunthorpe.
Lea Road Railway Station provides a regular service to Lincoln, Sheffield and Doncaster (East Coast Mainline).
Gainsborough Central Station now offers a regular hourly service to and from Sheffield on weekdays and Saturdays. This service will stop at Retford and Worksop, terminating eastbound at Cleethorpes and westbound at Sheffield. Plan your journey today and book your tickets now!
There are many other fascinating places to visit in Lincolnshire! For more information about visiting visit the following websites:
- Lincolnshire Wolds ANOB – www.lovelincolnshirewolds.com
- Coast – www.visitlincscoast.co.uk, www.discovernel.co.uk
- North Lincolnshire – www.visitnorthlincolnshire.com, www.discovernel.co.uk
- Lincoln – www.visitlincoln.com
- Heart of Lincolnshire – www.heartoflincs.com
- Boston – www.visitbostonuk.com
- South Kesteven – www.discoversouthkesteven.com
- South Holland – www.sholland.gov.uk
- Lincolnshire – www.visitlincolnshire.com