Gainsborough is located on the eastern bank of the River Trent, on the border with Nottinghamshire and the Sheffield City Region.
The historic City of Lincoln is about 30 minutes drive to the south east and the Humber ports under 60 minutes drive to the north east. Access to the motorway network is just 30 minutes away via Scunthorpe (M180) to the north, or Blyth (A1M) 30 minutes to the west.
There are a number of car parks located within the town; all of which are within short walking distance to the Market Place and town centre. It is also free to park for 1 hour in any West Lindsey District Council car park in Gainsborough – More information on parking.
Lea Road Railway Station provides a regular service to Lincoln, Sheffield and Doncaster (East Coast Mainline).
There are many other fascinating places to visit in Lincolnshire! For more information about visiting visit the following websites:
- Lincolnshire Wolds ANOB – www.lovelincolnshirewolds.com
- Coast – www.visitlincscoast.co.uk, www.discovernel.co.uk
- North Lincolnshire – www.visitnorthlincolnshire.com, www.discovernel.co.uk
- Lincoln – www.visitlincoln.com
- Heart of Lincolnshire – www.heartoflincs.com
- Boston – www.visitbostonuk.com
- South Kesteven – www.discoversouthkesteven.com
- South Holland – www.sholland.gov.uk