Come discover Gainsborough by train with Gainsborough Central station just a short walk from the town centre and all its amenities.
Gainsborough Central Station Gainsborough Central Station offers a regular hourly service to and from Sheffield Monday to Saturday, stopping at all stations en route, including Retford and Worksop. On Saturdays three trains continue to Cleethorpes, via Brigg and Grimsby.
Plan your journey today and save up to 60% when you book in advance! Book your tickets now!
- Visit one of the best-preserved manor houses in England
- Discover local history dating back to Anglo Saxon times
- Discover Gainsborough’s Pilgrim Roots and the connection to the Mayflower story
- Discover what’s on, with events all year round for all ages
Head over to our visit page to find out more.
Live in Gainsborough?
Did you know you can connect to many big cities across the UK from Gainsborough Central Station!
- Just 1 hour to Sheffield and 1½ hours to Meadowhall
- Just under 1½ hours to York* and Leeds*
- Less than 2½ hours to London Kings Cross*
- 2¼ hours to Durham*,
- 2½ hours to Newcastle*,
- and 4 hours to Edinburgh*
*connecting at Retford
The station is approximately 10 minutes walk from the town centre. There are also a number of car parks located within the town; all of which are within short walking distance to the train station – More information on parking.
Lea Road Railway Station provides a regular service to Lincoln, Sheffield, Meadowhall, Doncaster and Leeds (East Coast Mainline).
Gainsborough Bus Station is located on Heaton Road which has regular services locally as well as to Lincoln, Doncaster and Scunthorpe.
Work in Gainsborough
Looking for work or do you work in Gainsborough? Gainsborough Central Station is ideally located behind Marshall’s Yard which is just 10 minutes walk from the town centre. There are also wide range of opportunities for people with higher level skills with a wide range of employers available in the area.